Join our Newsletter.
Master the Art of Home Cooking
The beginner course runs weekly over six consecutive weeks.
The group is small with just four students - ideal for learning.
No knowledge is assumed and we move at a comfortable pace, cooking together as we go.
The course is hands-on, interactive and fun, specifically designed for beginners.
You'll gradually build your confidence as you learn a repertoire of easy, fool-proof, go-to dishes to share with your family, friends and loved ones.
Skills You Will Learn
- Basic Knife skills
- Understanding seasonal produce
- How and where to shop for ingredients
- Cooking from basic pantry staples
- How to read a recipe
- An introduction to a glossary of Cooking Terms
- An introduction to managing texture and flavour
- Essential kitchen equipment - where to buy it and how to use it
- Dish presentation
- When, how and why to measure
- Concepts of the Mediterranean diet and lifestyle
- Menu planning for quick, easy, healthy mid-week dinners.
- Menu planning for a small dinner party
There is no specific curriculum for this program.
Each class is curated based on seasonal ingredients and specific student interests. See the sample below to get a feel for the types of dishes you will be learning.
Sample of Dishes:
- How to cook and dress pasta with quick simple sauces such as Tomato Sugo
- Fool-proof soft boiled and creamy scrambled eggs
- Creamy Risotto
- Flavoursome stocks and soups
- Techniques to cook fish perfectly
- The perfect crispy roast chicken
- A Variety of delicious, healthy salads and dressings
- Countless ways to prepare and make vegetables delicious - cooked and raw
- How to prepare and cook a perfect steak
- Tender slow cooked meat
- Practical and delicious one-pot, one-tray meals
- Techniques for baking perfect cakes
- Simple puddings and impressive no-fuss desserts
- An apron for you to keep
- A folder with all the recipes in the course.
- Welcome glass of wine and snacks on arrival
- Interactive, intimate, hands-on cooking experience
- Sit down dinner to enjoy the food we have cooked together.
- An invite to our WhatsApp cooking class community to share recipes, images and tips, and pose questions to your class group
- Complimentary Saturday local farmer’s market tour with Elizabeth
- Complimentary messaging support throughout your course
WEDNESDAYS 11am - 2pm
23 August - 27th September (SOLD OUT)
MONDAYS 6pm - 9pm (SOLD OUT)
23 October - 4th December
WEDNESDAYS 11am - 2pm
7th Feb - 13th March (TWO PLACES LEFT)
Six Week Course - $1250
Gift Certificates Available
Watch Our Student Stories Video
"I am a lover of food but not cooking, and Liz manages to create a warm learning environment that makes you understand the joy of cooking. She intuitively allows you to appreciate what you already know about cooking and effortlessly builds on that knowledge."
JO, 26 years - CARLTON
"This is not your stock standard cooking class but a learning experience…(it) has really given me confidence and renewed interest in cooking the right way! Thank you Elizabeth!"
RACHEl, 30 years - WHEELERS HILL
"I could not have asked for a better environment in which to learn new skills and change my overall attitude towards cooking. I greatly enjoyed the experience and can’t thank you enough for your positivity, patience and kindness."
JAMES, 25 years - SOUTH YARRA
"Elizabeth’s incredible authentic Italian cooking class was amazing. A great first hand experience in the delicate simplicity of Italian cooking. Would recommend to anyone willing to understand more about the tastes of the Italian cuisine."
GEORGE, 27 years - NYC USA
READ MORE STUDENT STORIES